January 10, 2023
Roadmap to Become A Full-Stack Software Engineer
Ready to change the world one line of code at a time?
Coyotiv School of Software Engineering is the next generation, remote software engineering education designed to raise first-class software engineers from scratch. We teach our students the mentality of modern software engineering, so they can be familiar with the latest tools that are in demand in the industry today and be ready to learn the next technology whenever it comes out.
Numerous students changed their lives at the end of an intense 13-week program and graduated as confident software engineers regardless of their background or prior experience with software development.
Begin your software engineering journey now.
We know taking the first steps is always the hardest, but we are here to make your learning time easy and fun. Hop on and join the ride! Our road map will guide you on your new adventure.
1) Choose your pace
In education, one size does not fit all. People learn in different ways. That’s why Coyotiv is offering two different paces so that you can pick the learning experience that’s right for you! Regardless of the program you choose, you’ll be guaranteed to get the same quality content. The main difference is how much time you can put in given your current circumstances.
FULL-TIME (FEBRUARY 20, 2023-MAY 26, 2023)
💪 13 weeks of intense work
⛑️ 24/7 online support
🌄 Monday through Friday
👩💻 8 hours a day, full of lectures and project work
💼 Career coaching and getting ready for job applications
⌨️ A complete project for your portfolio
As a full-time student, you will be learning the fundamentals of software engineering and how to prepare for life after graduation through career coaching with the help of our dedicated instructors and peer learners.
In our full-time course, we expect the students to be in class every morning for 2-hour live lectures with our main instructor, plus work with our teaching assistants and their peers until the end of the day (approximately 8 hours of study).
📚 More than 100 hours of lecture
👩💻 The same quality content as our full-time course
💥 24/7 support
🎯 Start at any time
⌨️ A complete project for your portfolio
Learn at your own pace, and never miss the support! Self-paced Coyotiv’s software engineering program is just as good as full-time, but it offers more flexibility with your time. You will have unlimited access to over 100 hours of lecture recordings for 12 months. In addition, our experienced staff will provide 24/7 online support.
It’s ideal for self-driven novice coders with unpredictable schedules. If you are still trying to figure out if Coyotiv is right for you, the self-paced course is a great way to find out. If you wish, you will be able to upgrade your program to full-time course.
2) Check our financial options
Installments with no additional interest
You can make your payment in installments. With this option, you will pay an initial deposit, then split the rest of your tuition into installments with no additional interest.
Bildungsgutschein available for full-time course
If you are unemployed and a resident of Germany, you may apply for the Bildungsgutschein and participate for free. Learn more about the Bildungsgutschein here.
Income Share Agreement (ISA) available for full-time course
You may be eligible for an Income Share Agreement (ISA) if you reside in Germany during your studies. With this option, you get to study first and pay later when you find a job. Learn more about the Income Share Agreement here.
When it comes to equality, the tech industry is making progress, but an imbalance in pay and opportunities persists. At Coyotiv, we do our best to level this inequality and give everyone the opportunity to pursue their dreams regardless of their identity through Coyotiv Diversity Scholarships.
You can apply for the scholarships if you identify as part of a marginalized group, e. g. women*, LGBTQIA+ people, women* of color, women* with non-standard economic, migratory, or social status, and so forth.
Join Coyotiv Slack Community to be the first to know when scholarship applications are open.
Feel free to send us an e-mail at email@example.com with your questions about the financial options.
3) Fill out the registration form and wait for the call
The first thing we should do is to get in touch so we could get to know each other! One of our team members will call you after you fill out the form to get a better sense of how we can help you.
🚩Welcome on board!
After you have enrolled in one of our courses, we will guide you through the programs and apps you will need to set up in order to join the course and get the most out of it. The only thing left to do is to start the course!
Here are some frequently asked questions
- I don’t have any coding experience. Can I still join? Absolutely yes! All you need is motivation, curiosity, an open mind, and willingness to join our community. In fact, most of our students don’t have prior experience before starting their course. Our program starts with a 4-week precourse for you to acquire all the basic knowledge you need. Throughout the course, you will gain knowledge and build up your confidence with our hands-on approach.
- How does Coyotiv differ from other bootcamps? We repeatedly say that Coyotiv is not a bootcamp; it is the next generation, remote software engineering education designed to make you a first-class software engineer from scratch. To do that, we go way beyond a crash course, and teach you the mentality of modern software engineering, so you can be ready to learn the next technology whenever it comes out because you’ll understand the why behind the what, and the how will always fall into place. We don’t believe in a one-size-fits-all approach. We see software as a craft and teach through apprenticeship to a master craftsperson. That way, you’ll build not only working software, but also well-crafted software. We don’t only have strong connections with the industry, we are IN the center of the industry! Coyotiv’s ecosystem consists of four pillars constantly feeding each other: Teaching, Mentorship, Collaboration, and Innovation. Coyotiv is already out there in the real world, thus we are providing our insights that are used in-demand in the industry today.
- To complete Coyotiv School successfully, how many hours should I dedicate to it each day? In our full-time course, we expect the students to be in class every morning for 2-hour live lectures with our main instructor, plus work with our teaching assistants and their peers until the end of the day (approximately 8 hours of study). Our self-paced course has the same content as the full-time course, but you can decide your own schedule since it doesn’t include live lectures. However, it does have 24/7 code support from our teaching assistants.
- Who teaches at Coyotiv? The course is designed and taught at length by Armagan Amcalar, a master craftsperson who entered the craft of programming over 20 years ago. Acting as a team lead, software architect, engineering manager, and CTO, Armagan has led hundreds of people in the industry and helped them grow their careers. As a public speaker and lecturer, he taught software to several hundred at universities and in the community. Now is the time he is transferring all of this hands-on industry experience to our students. You will also have seasoned teaching assistants, and peer learners by your side, whenever you need support.
- What is your teaching method? Coyotiv adopts a master-to-apprentice method. Just as the master artisans, master software developers have their styles and they will expand those styles into schools. They teach the path of development to their apprentices. Where experiencing and learning everything from scratch would take tens of years, finding a good master and being a hard-core apprentice takes only a few years. This model is so suitable for the software, we haven’t seen any other approach perform better. Our training is project-based, meaning you will be working on your own software project throughout the course. Unlike other courses that focus on building a project later in the program, you will start working on your project from day 1 until you graduate. You will be guided by seasoned industry experts who are also experienced educators, and you will have peer learners who have gone the same path as you did.
Got questions? Let’s have a chat!
Keep in mind, one of our team members is always there to answer your questions through text in the live-chat! You can also book a video call with one of our team members or just fill out the application form and we will get in touch with you.